Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Music. Makes the people. Come together.

How true is that? Conversations beginning with "so what kind of music do you listen to?" have endless potential if given the oppurtunity. One of my favorite things to do is get in the car, turn the music on, and drive. It doesn't matter if there isn't a destination in mind. Even when there is, I get there happier when I take music along for the ride. Of course, I can also practice my vocal skills in my mobile "recording studio", the acoustics are amazing and I'm not bombarded with my fans so there is less interruption, but I digress....

When I'm sad, I turn to music.When I'm happy, I turn to music. When I need inspiration, I turn to music.When I "wanna make....a memoryyyyyy", I turn to music. (Whatever Jon Bon Jovi says yawl, just sayin).

I've often talked about certain things that can trigger memories very quickly, a few being, a scent....a picture....and what else? A song of course!

I'm also a movie quote lover, the following is an excerpt from "Music and Lyrics"

"A melody is like seeing someone for the first time. The physical attraction. Sex."

"I so get that."

"But then, as you get to know the person, that's the lyrics. Their story. Who they are underneath. It's the combination of the two that makes it magic."

Another favorite, "The Holiday", has a scene where Jack Blacks character, Miles, is playing the piano with Kate Winslet's character, Iris, sitting next to him. He says to her. "Iris, if you were a melody, this is how I would play you". The music following that line was of course, brilliant. A review I read of that movie had a list of people commenting on why that relationship was one of their favorite parts of the story. One comment stated, "Because he made her a melody".


I think music heals. Inspires. Separates. Reminds. Lifts.

And I need it every day.

Lets put the soundtrack to Garden State on in the car, put the car in drive, and Go.

We'll get breakfast somewhere along the way, okay?

Luv
Tiffany

Um....but please dont spill, I just washed the car.

No comments: