Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Trust yourself....and the future



While the Rolling Stones were most likely addressing the major topics of the 1960s: love, politics, and drugs, I could very easily take this phrase and make it my own. I think we all do that at times. One song can mean one thing to someone, and have a completely different meaning for another.

Life can be so fulfilling, but oftentimes the reward comes in the striving towards, rather than the end result. I told a friend once that the hungrier we are, the harder we try. I've always believed this. If we were handed everything we wished for, without having to work for it, would the purpose of each day dwindle?

Then, disappointment abounds when we really want something, or we think we do, and it just doesn't happen the way we think it should, if at all.

A favorite quote that I have used quite often is: "Map out your futurebut do it in pencil. The road ahead is as long as you make it. Make it worth the trip.” ~ Jon Bon Jovi

Instead of saying, the older I get, might I say, the more mature I become, *ahem*, the better I can handle life's disappointments. I just firmly believe that there are solid reasons why what we want, doesn't always come to fruition.

The cool thing is, the aHA moment. Ideas morphing into a completely different picture and outcome, and then, oh yeahhhh, THAT'S why that didn't work out. Usually followed with, Well I like this much better!

So if you're ever down and out, or wondering why things don't seem to be going your way, just breathe. Trust the future.

Trust yourself.

It's going to be okay, this I know for sure.

See you soon friend,
Tiffany

PS listening to some great music is always helpful, breakfast at tiffany's begins that way every morning!

No comments: