Thursday, February 23, 2017

But you understand the question, don't you?





Image result for people talking together of different races




Four people of specific different races sat together in the waiting room of the car dealership, where I too, was also waiting. The conversations began almost immediately for no other reason I could find than to pass the time in a friendly manner. I was sipping coffee and organizing my work planner in order to be productive with the wait time, but I couldn't help but smile and even chuckle a few times as these wonderful people told stories about their lives, their kids, their pets, you name it.

The color of their skin had zero significance.

The clothing they wore? no one noticed or cared.

Their age, and the range was wide, did not matter.

Their accents gave an idea of where they might be from, yet no one had any trouble understanding each other as they talked, and laughed.

Now, why can't we all be like this, every day, no matter who we are or where we are from? And dear reader, I am not saying that you're not that way, if you are my friend and taking time to read this post, chances are extremely high that you're not.

But you understand the question, don't you?

I am headed into a three-day weekend with some outrageous weather, I think it reached 92 degrees today in North TX. It was such a beautiful day. I was in a fabulous mood all day long.

My day began with those four people, sitting together and talking and laughing. It has dawned on me that my great mood started right there.

I hope your weekend is filled with happy, and sunshine and great conversation!

See you soon friend,
Tiffany

PS Breakfast at Tiffany's will include fresh blackberries tomorrow morning, I couldn't help myself at the store today, they looked delicous! Image result for blackberries

photo of hands courtesy of blog.childrensdayton.org where "Every Kid Counts"


No comments: