Saturday, January 1, 2011

Chasing the beautiful


I was getting ready, somewhat frantically, for a get-together at a friends house on New Years Eve. Somehow the day slipped by quickly and I realized I didn't have much time left before I said I would be there. Although a somewhat chilly day, it was still a pretty one. I noticed when I left that the Dallas sky wasn't going to disappoint me. Lately, we've been having some of the most gorgeous sunsets I've ever seen. Like sherbet ice-cream, or streaks of pink/orange paint. I really needed to stop at CVS before I moved on to the party, but once I got in the parking lot, I realized that painted sky was behind trees and I could no longer see it. I wanted to take a picture of it, but I couldn't from where I was parked. So, even though I was running late, I turned the car back on, backed out of the parking space, and drove towards the beautiful colors. I was trying my best to find a good spot where I could park, and then take a picture.

I don't know what it is about sunsets but when you are trying to do something like this, in a hurry, they seem to move faster. I needed it to slow down for just a second so I could get this picture!
Sadly, I couldnt find a good place to do so. I was finding myself getting further away from the street that I needed to be on to go to my friends house. I tried the high-school parking lot, thinking it was open enough, but the streaks of awesome were just beyond where I could capture them with a camera.

I sat there for a minute, kind of laughing at myself, and thinking, "are you nuts, you're gonna be late, let's GO!"
I also thought, "I think we all do this". At least I hope we do. We see something fabulous in front of us, it may be just beyond our grasp, but we gravitate towards it in the hopes that we will come face to face with it at some point. Even if the journey can be long, or we're "running out of time", we try like hell to get to it anyway.

It's okay if we don't always make it. It's in the "trying to get there" that can be really fun.

And the best news of all?

There's always next time.

See?


May 2011 be your best yet. Happy New Year my friend.

Tiffany

PS Chase the beautiful......it's worth it. Sunrise breakfast tomorrow? See you there.

No comments: