Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life."— Virginia Woolf





Last summer (2010) I stumbled upon a blog that had me so riveted I read every post written, from beginning to end, in one day. It was like reading a book I had just bought that I fell so in love with, I couldn't put the book down.
Her name is Whitney, and her story really does resemble a fairytale. Her bio begins with "I'm a 25-year-old former anti-romantic who followed my heart 4,757 miles to London to find my Prince Charming....."
That had me at hello. I told you I was a romantic at heart. (sshh don't tell anyone)

I've yet to meet Whitney but I know I will at some point, thank you social media. She lives in Dallas and we know some of the same people, one day I will be asking for her autograph.

Every once in a while Whitney shares stories from other people who write to her. As Valentines Day 2011 comes to a close, I've just read one that reminded me that I need to stick to what I've recently said. Live life out loud. Get out. Do more. Say yes. Go go go and go some more.
It's been a great year so far, and there's a lot to look forward to.

If you are in a place where you need to be reminded how truly short life really is, read Whitneys February 14, 2011 post.

Go here:
http://www.fairytalebeginning.com/

You should probably have kleenex handy. I'm just sayin.

I hope you had a day filled with love. Mine had lobster tail that can only be described as succulent, a toast of champagne, a chocolate covered strawberry, warm hugs, phone calls from neices that I would hang the moon for, and an Elizabeth Barrett Browning sonnet that falls perfectly in tune with Whitneys post today.

"How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach, when feeling out of sight for the ends of being and ideal grace. I love thee to the level of every day's most quiet needs by sun and candlelight. I love thee freely as men strive for right; I love thee purely as they turn from praise; I love thee passion put to use in my old griefs and my childhood's faith. I love thee with the love I seemed to lose with my lost faith. I love thee with the breath, smiles, tears of all my life! - And, if God choose, I shall love thee better after death."



See you soon friend,
Tiffany
PS The Virginia Woolf quote is one I am giving a standing ovation too. It's true.

No comments: