What I learned this week:
1. The best time of day to be outside getting exercise in August in N. Texas is 6am.
2. Related: Never leave home without ice water.
3. People can actually cook cinnamon rolls on the dashboards of their car, on a cookie sheet.
4. Ducks swimming in a pond, with a fountain spraying here and there, at sunrise, is the most relaxing scene ever.
5. Friday is the day we sigh, exhale, let go of the week, and celebrate the beginning of two days of relaxation. Saturday is my favorite day of the week, but I can't get there without Friday.
6. If you don't know how to relax, take a note from Penny:
7. It's National Oyster Day, did you know? Aw Shucks, I will visit you in T-Minus 5 hours.....
8. I've been without transportation for five days. I've suddenly realized that it's not so bad working from home, not being able to go anywhere except with friends help. And for those friends, I am so grateful.
9. Eating broiled salmon and grilled vegetables for breakfast isn't weird. At.All.
10. I think Apes are underrated. They are so intelligent, and really, they're our friends.
Whatever you do this weekend, make it count, and go BIG.
See you soon,
PS For weekends I like the word "Brunch" rather than "Breakfast". Translation: I love to sleep in. Way in.