Saturday, September 24, 2011

Live the questions now....




I was in one of my favorite places the other day (Barnes & Noble) when I came across a magnet that, once I read it, I knew I had to buy it.

I don't really like to cover the entire refrigerator with a bunch of magnets or, for lack of a better term, crap, because it looks junky to me. I have what I call, a traveling fridge. The magnets that I do have, are from places that I've been, like Paris....Hawaii, Charleston....

I've always liked to read things that make me think, even if it's just a short inspirational message. This one is pure gold, so I'm sharing it with you.

"I beg you....to have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don't search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live.....everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way....into the answer" -Rainer Maria Rilke

I havent read truer words in a long time. It was like an "a"piphany! See what I did there?

I had to research Rainer Maria Rilke, I haven't heard his name before. I believe I've stumbled upon another favorite.

See you soon friend,
Tiffany

PS I'm happy to report that Breakfast at Tiffanys has been on the patio most of the week. I hope this beautiful weather stays in N. Texas. It's fall after all!

2 comments:

Serenity said...

Oh, I am heartily for this. People who have only answers and no questions: I don't like them. I don't understand them either, and there's nothing to say to them or share with them, because there simply isn't any give and take.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. It's kind of difficult for me to talk to anyone who thinks they already have all of the answers. I try to listen though (haha) just sayin.