Monday, March 19, 2018

Many of my relationships began with music....

🎵🎶 music...makes the people....come together🎵🎶

It really does.

I saw a post in social media today that had a picture of a shiny CD, with songs written on it. The post read, 'the younger generation doesn't remember this'. I won't speak for them, it may be true that they don't remember. But I thought, 'yeah but what about mix tapes!'.

Those were the days!

Many of my relationships began with music. I don't mean only the romantic kind, but also friendships as well. It's such an easy way to connect with someone.

Even today, I love receiving texts with, 'you have got to listen to this song!' Or band....artist....

In high school, my boyfriend made me a few mix tapes. As in cassette tapes, yes. I regret that I don't still have them, but I remember. A really good friend used to send me tapes through the mail. That eventually became, sending CD's. I still have them, and always thought it was the coolest gift ever. He is still passionate about music of all genres, and I loved that he took the time to share what was new-to-me music, that he likes to listen to. I rank them just as high as I would a handwritten letter, also a gift.

What better way is there  to get to know someone, than having them share their favorite music, and why it's their favorite?



Music can be a best friend. It can heal, make you want to get up and dance, or sing loudly whether you know all of the words or not. It has seen me through bad days, and made great moments, a celebration.

🎶🎵 woahhh....listen to the music.....all the tiiiime🎶🎵

"If music be the food of love, play on" ~William Shakespeare

Indeed.

See you soon friend,
Tiffany

P.S. what are you listening to these days? Breakfast at Tiffany's could use some background music ideas! One of my favorite versions of 'Hallelujah' is below, I've always loved this song.

https://youtu.be/WIF4_Sm-rgQ




1 comment: