Sunday, February 14, 2010

Celebrating Love


You didn't think I would let today pass by without discussing did you? Come on, you know me better than that. If you don't, please, read on.

It's Valentines Day! Today celebrates love, of every kind. I heard so many of my single friends doing the "woe is me" thing some often do around holidays, especially the "I heart you" day. I won't say I don't understand, that would appear as though I don't care about what they're feeling. I care, of course I do. But seriously, is it THAT bad, being single?

Love comes in many forms. All different kinds of love, to be celebrated today. A friends love, very important to me. A parents love. Love from your child, can't get any more unconditional than that. How about your grandparents, that soft, warm place to go when you think no one else in the world cares. Siblings, if you're lucky like I am, give an awesome kind of love as well, you share your childhood with them. Even your pet if you have one, that's some love right there. The most celebrated one for todays events is of course, the romantic kind. Your spouse, or significant other. I "heart" each and every kind.

I am single, yet I had a Valentines weekend, yes weekend not day, filled with wine, flowers, chocolate covered strawberries, a spa day, shopping, STARBUCKS, card playing friends....I found myself thinking how awesome is this?

Do I need any of those things to survive? uh well maybe Starbucks =). But the rest is just gravy as they say. I am single, and I felt lucky. I squeezed the hell out of love this weekend. Every kind of love I currently have in my life.

A few friends mentioned Cupid today. I found myself thinking, I bet he's very busy on this holiday.
Today, Cupid and his arrows have become the most popular of love signs, and love is most frequently depicted by two hearts pierced by an arrow, Cupid's arrow.

"Cupid, draw back your bow.....and let, your arrow go.....straight back to my lovers heart, for meeee" -Sam Cooke.

I think that Valentine's day is awesome. But what I want, is for everyone to show the love for whoever their chosen valentine is, every.day.of.the.year.

Yes, some say I'm living in fantasyland with thoughts such as these.

Fantasy Land has rollercoasters right? And snowcones? Okay good, I think I'll stay.

Much love to you this Valentines Day,
Tiffany

No comments: