Thursday, February 18, 2010

All I can say.....

"Is that my life is pretty plain...."

Inspiration brought to me (and now you) by Blind Melon, "No Rain". I always forget about this song until it comes on the radio, where I then go, oh yeah. I like this one.
I'm not saying this is my life theme song, because not every lyric has a perfect fit. But, seriously, my life is pretty plain. I like it plain. Some may label it borderline boring. I don't feel bored though.

"I like watchin' the puddles gather rain" Absolutely fits. I swear I should have been a weather girl, as much as I am obsessed with the elements and what is happening outside my window. I love thunderstorms, especially spring thunderstorms; lightning, rolling thunder, and the smell it all creates. I don't want to be the one that ends up on the news because I've stood underneath lightning with no cover and it ended badly per se. But I LOVE watching it snake across the sky. Natures paparazzi I say. Sometimes I want to get out IN those puddles and make the biggest mess. Why not?

"And all I can do is just pour some tea for two" another perfect fit. Do you like tea? I love it. Especially when I make two cups, one for me, one for you. Tea goes so well with good conversation.

"and speak my point of view" there's that good conversation. Well I assume speaking my point of view is good conversation. Being a good listener is half of the art of good conversation. I can always tell when someone isn't listening when I'm talking, because they're thinking of what they want to say next. And that's okay. I'm probably babbling anyway, I do that quite often. "Babbling brook" my best friend calls me, but he says it with love so I think he actually enjoys my nonsensical babbling. I love getting different viewpoints on life, and I am always grateful when someone share's their stories with me. Sometimes that sharing brings vulnerability, which can be endearing.

"But it's not sane, It's not saaaaaaane" well who said I was sane anyway?

Definitely having tea for breakfast tomorrow. Earl Grey? Irish Breakfast? English Breakfast? You choose. Then we'll sit on the patio and watch the ducks use my pool for their "pond".

I have to work at noon, so we have a nice morning planned. See you then.
Tiffany

No comments: