Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Don't worry......be happy


Image result for dont worry be happy

I love the easy, laid-back days of the end of the year. Even in the industry that I work in, it seems to slow down some, and I'm using "some" gently. It doesn't come to a complete halt by any means. Telecommunications is a rapid, fast-paced technology that can never really stop the train. But when it slows down.....and everyone breathes a little, I can almost physically feel the relaxed atmosphere take hold, which is a much needed feeling, believe me.
Whether you do New Years resolutions or don't give them a second thought, I think knowing that the calendar is about to flip to page one brings feelings of newness, infusing energy into our days.

As I take the holiday decorations down to put away until next time, (always after New Years, never before) I've often felt sad to do so, but also happy to begin again, in a brand new year. The "bring it on, let's do this!" feeling overrides any sort of melancholy thoughts I might have.

I think goal-setting is always a good thing, but I've also subscribed of late to the "don't worry, be happy" attitude. It's important to invest your time and care in the work you perform each day, these five-out-of-seven days that provide the means for the two-out-of-seven days where life, in my opinion, really gets good. So by all means, get out there and kick some butt, make things happen, proudly sign your name to everything you've worked hard on. And for the new projects coming your way, embrace!

But, try not to stress about these things. Easier said than done, right?

"In every life we have some trouble......But when you worry, you make it double"

I'm sure you've heard the mantra, "will this matter five years from now?", "will it matter tomorrow, even?"

Maybe the answer is yes to both. Or maybe not. The point is, relax. Take it one day at a time, and do your best along the way. Stressing is not going to help, it will only rob you of a decent nights sleep.

Take a walk outside, weather permitting. Add some physical activity to each day if you can, and please, check out yoga if possible, You don't have to go anywhere, this can be done right in your own home. Breathe, stretch, inhale, exhale....you get it. If you schedule time for you, amongst all of the 'I-have-to-get-this-done!' items, the year will begin, and continue, with great balance.

"Don't worry......be happy".....2016 may be our best year yet!

Wishing you the happiest of New Years friend, see you soon!
Tiffany

PS With all of this holiday baking and cooking and eating and celebrating, I think the time is near to go back to the basics for Breakfast at Tiffany's. Scrambled eggs and fresh fruit it is! Or, how about oatmeal!
Image result for scrambled eggs fresh fruit

No comments: